To compete you must:
- Be a young lady between the ages of 13 and 17 (click here to view the Age/Education Eligibility Chart)
- Be a United States citizen.
- Meet residency requirements for competing in a certain town or state.
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization.
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
- Must not be eligible to compete in the Miss America Competition.