Join an Elite Group of Women!
- Earn Scholarships: Many young women like you pay for their college education with Miss America and Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Scholarships.
- Make A Difference: Our program provides a forum for raising awareness and affecting change for social issues that are important to you.
- Gain Experience: Whatever your career or academic goals, the skills you’ll acquire through the Miss America Organization will help ready you for real world challenges.
- Create Opportunities: Showcase your talents…be recognized for your knowledge and abilities…meet influential people.
What Is Expected of a Contestant?
Consistent with the job responsibilities and the Miss America philosophy, women are being sought with the best composite of the following qualities and attributes of Miss America.
- Role model who cares about her role and other women’s roles in society;
- Physically conscientious women with a confident and commanding presence;
- An ambassador and public relations representative of the Miss America Organization;
- Considered both talented and intelligent;
- An activist on issues she deems important;
- Independent and eloquent communicator with the courage of her convictions;
- Accomplished individual whose diversity represents a composite of the “Best of Modern Women.”
- A leader by virtue of her experiences;
- One who takes personal pride in physical fitness and health.
- Raise $100 (local competition) donation for Miss America and the Children’s Miracle Network www.MissAmerica4kids.org. *
Determining Your Eligibility to Compete
Every local pageant may have geographic eligibility requirements, based on where you live, attend school full-time or work full-time, however, all pageants share the same general eligibility requirements.
To compete you must:
- Be between the ages of 17 and 25.
- Single, never been married.
- Live, work full time, or attend school full time in Maryland.
- Be at least a high school senior.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the Miss Maryland program should you win the title. Should you win a local title, raise $250.00 for the Miss America National Platform: Children’s Miracle Network.
Types of Pageants
- Open Pageants: You must be a resident, full-time employee, or full-time student at a college or university in the state of Maryland.
- Closed Pageants: You must be a resident of the specified county, full-time employee in the specified county, or full-time student in a college or university located in the specified county.
- College Pageants: You must be a full-time student at the listed college or university.
What is required to register for a local pageant?
- Resumé ( Download Template)
- Platform Statement (Download Template)
- Local Contestant Contract (Provided by Local Pageant)
- $100 in donations raised for Children’s Miracle Network (Register here to begin fundraising)*
The road to Miss America begins in a town near you. To find your local pageant in Maryland, visit the Local Pageants page.
If you are interested in receiving more information about becoming a contestant in the Miss Maryland Pageant or a local pageant, request detailed information here!
*CMN Fundraising Cap Update: The Miss America Organization has announced that the fundraising cap for contestants competing in locals for CY18 will increase from $400 to $500.